Norfolk Under-13s make it five straight wins
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Under-13s maintained their 100 per cent start to the season as they beat Suffolk by 91 runs to make it five straight wins.
Norfolk, sponsored by SCJ Nunn, won the toss and elected to bat first at a sun-drenched Ingham.
They raced out of the blocks with a fine opening stand of 78 inside 13 overs, with Freddie Fairey (40) and Lohit Kannan (55) complementing each other perfectly.
It was somewhat of a surprise when Fairey holed out when a half-century or more looked there for the taking. Kannan was then joined by Ben Ashford who looked on course for successive half centuries at Ingham against Suffolk before he fell leg before for 33 with the score on 142.
Norfolk then looked to accelerate, with the Wicks twins, Tom and Joe, Will Bowman, Jonty Black and Cameron Graveling all playing agressive cameos to set an imposing 214-8.
You may also want to watch:
After an early run-out the introduction of Charlie Barber (8-2-26-1) and Black (5-2-9-2) reaped dividends and despite a well-crafted 52 from Josh Jones Suffolk were always on the back foot.
A dynamic Fairey burst (3-0-6-3) and a controlled spell from Harry De-Coteau Spring (6.4-0-36-3) extinguished any hopes the visitors might have had and they were all out for 123.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
Kannan was named SCJ Nunn Norfolk man of the match for his maiden county fifty.
Norfolk's next fixture is away to Lincolnshire on June 25.
Norfolk's Under-10s lost to their Nottinghamshire counterparts by 27 runs on a glorious day at North Runcton.
After winning the toss and deciding to bat first the visitors made 152-5 from their 40 overs, with Johnny Shaw taking a couple of wickets.
The Norfolk reply started brightly and the innings as a whole included some excellent running between the wickets.
Although always up with the run rate, the side sponsored by NFU Mutual Norwich Branch lost wickets regularly throughout the innings however. Captain Lewis Reeder and Sam Reynolds shared the best partnership of 41 before Reynolds was run out for 18.
A ninth wicket partnership of 22 between Reeder and Rory Richardson took Norfolk to 119 before they were all out for 125, with Reeder unbeaten on an excellent 36.