Norfolk trio shine in Belgium
Three Norfolk Masters athletes tasted success when they competed for Britain in the Belgium Indoor Championships. The trio travelled to Ghent as part of a near 60-strong team.
Three Norfolk Masters athletes tasted success when they competed for Britain in the Belgium Indoor Championships.
The trio travelled to Ghent as part of a near 60-strong team.
Karen Hindle (W40) from Tivetshall St Mary, a member of Diss AC, produced two personal bests to win the 60m in 8.42 seconds and 200 metres in 27.50 seconds in great style.
Andy Woods (M45) of Roydon, sponsored by Diss Van Centre, took a while to get into gear in the 60m with a time of 8.05 secs, but started motoring with third in the 200m with a time of 27.07.
Ian Foster (M65), of Pulham Market, who coaches the other two, was at full speed when he won the 60m in a season's best time of 8.38 seconds and gained third in the 200 metres in another season's best of 27.84.
Both Karen and Ian were selected to represent GB in their respective 4 x 200m relay teams. The icing on the cake for Ian was a new British record for the M65 relay team, when they took nearly a second off with 1:52.56.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge