Norfolk trio shine in Belgium
Three Norfolk Masters athletes tasted success when they competed for Britain in the Belgium Indoor Championships. The trio travelled to Ghent as part of a near 60-strong team.
Three Norfolk Masters athletes tasted success when they competed for Britain in the Belgium Indoor Championships.
The trio travelled to Ghent as part of a near 60-strong team.
Karen Hindle (W40) from Tivetshall St Mary, a member of Diss AC, produced two personal bests to win the 60m in 8.42 seconds and 200 metres in 27.50 seconds in great style.
Andy Woods (M45) of Roydon, sponsored by Diss Van Centre, took a while to get into gear in the 60m with a time of 8.05 secs, but started motoring with third in the 200m with a time of 27.07.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Foster (M65), of Pulham Market, who coaches the other two, was at full speed when he won the 60m in a season's best time of 8.38 seconds and gained third in the 200 metres in another season's best of 27.84.
Both Karen and Ian were selected to represent GB in their respective 4 x 200m relay teams. The icing on the cake for Ian was a new British record for the M65 relay team, when they took nearly a second off with 1:52.56.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened