Watch: Awesome try wins Norfolk teen Leicester Tigers’ try-of-the-season award
- Credit: Leicester Tigers
Norfolk teen Andre Dunn has won Leicester Tigers' try-of-the-season award.
The 18-year-old's mixture of power and skill to score during Tigers' Under-18 Academy League Grand Final claimed 45 percent of the votes from fans in an online poll.
The Langley School first XV co-captain, a former West Norfolk RFC junior who was born in New Zealand, scored during the 43-21 win over Gloucester at Allianz Park in March which saw Tigers finish the U18 league season as the only undefeated side in the country.
Dunn shares the Langley captaincy with Thetford-raised forward Thom Smith, leading the Holt school to victory in the U18 Schools' Vase at Twickenham this season as well.
The centre's Grand Final try earned him a Premiership A League debut against Wasps a fortnight later as the Auckland-born prospect's fine season continued. He is among a group of Norfolk lads in the Tigers academy hoping to follow in the footsteps of the Youngs brothers at Leicester.
Another of those young hopefuls to make significant progress this season was Harry Simmons, who won the Aviva Premiership club's Players' Young Player of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships