Watch: Awesome try wins Norfolk teen Leicester Tigers’ try-of-the-season award
- Credit: Leicester Tigers
Norfolk teen Andre Dunn has won Leicester Tigers' try-of-the-season award.
The 18-year-old's mixture of power and skill to score during Tigers' Under-18 Academy League Grand Final claimed 45 percent of the votes from fans in an online poll.
The Langley School first XV co-captain, a former West Norfolk RFC junior who was born in New Zealand, scored during the 43-21 win over Gloucester at Allianz Park in March which saw Tigers finish the U18 league season as the only undefeated side in the country.
Dunn shares the Langley captaincy with Thetford-raised forward Thom Smith, leading the Holt school to victory in the U18 Schools' Vase at Twickenham this season as well.
The centre's Grand Final try earned him a Premiership A League debut against Wasps a fortnight later as the Auckland-born prospect's fine season continued. He is among a group of Norfolk lads in the Tigers academy hoping to follow in the footsteps of the Youngs brothers at Leicester.
Another of those young hopefuls to make significant progress this season was Harry Simmons, who won the Aviva Premiership club's Players' Young Player of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer