Norfolk T20 final and King’s Lynn Young Stars meeting postponed due to predicted heavy rain
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Two sporting events have already fallen foul of tonight's predicted heavy rain and been postponed.
The final of the Norfolk Twenty20 cricket competition between Swardeston and Vauxhall Mallards has been called off, with rain due to start falling around lunchtime and continue into the weekend.
That match, which would have been played at Manor Park near Horsford, has been pushed back for a week until Friday, July 31. Play will get under way at 6pm when the match does go ahead, with entry £1.50 for adults and free for under-16s.
Tonight's speedway double-header at the Adrian Flux Arena in King's Lynn has also been preemptively postponed.
The King's Lynn 'Stebbings Car Superstore' Young Stars had prepared for a double-header against Cradley and Buxton but the decision has been made to postpone the meetings, with a new date to be announced in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Stars chief Buster Chapman said: 'I have looked at four or five different weather forecasts this morning and they all say the same, heavy rain all afternoon and evening.
'With riders and supporters travelling and from all over the country it is an obvious decision to postpone.'
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock