Norfolk T20 final and King’s Lynn Young Stars meeting postponed due to predicted heavy rain
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Two sporting events have already fallen foul of tonight's predicted heavy rain and been postponed.
The final of the Norfolk Twenty20 cricket competition between Swardeston and Vauxhall Mallards has been called off, with rain due to start falling around lunchtime and continue into the weekend.
That match, which would have been played at Manor Park near Horsford, has been pushed back for a week until Friday, July 31. Play will get under way at 6pm when the match does go ahead, with entry £1.50 for adults and free for under-16s.
Tonight's speedway double-header at the Adrian Flux Arena in King's Lynn has also been preemptively postponed.
The King's Lynn 'Stebbings Car Superstore' Young Stars had prepared for a double-header against Cradley and Buxton but the decision has been made to postpone the meetings, with a new date to be announced in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Stars chief Buster Chapman said: 'I have looked at four or five different weather forecasts this morning and they all say the same, heavy rain all afternoon and evening.
'With riders and supporters travelling and from all over the country it is an obvious decision to postpone.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?