Norfolk star Cadge set for Lord’s date
Norfolk's Louise Cadge will be at Lord's next Friday after being chosen to represent a combined women's MCC Universities side against Loughborough. The 18-year-old, who plays for Vauxhall Mallards, is studying sports science at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge and will play for the Best of the Rest side in their annual fixture against the Loughborough side.
Norfolk's Louise Cadge will be at Lord's next Friday after being chosen to represent a combined women's MCC Universities side against Loughborough.
The 18-year-old, who plays for Vauxhall Mallards, is studying sports science at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge and will play for the Best of the Rest side in their annual fixture against the Loughborough side.
The 50-over game, which starts at 11am, will be played on the Nursery Ground at Lord's, while the MCCU men's Challenge final takes place on the main ground.
Cadge said: 'I'm pleased to have the opportunity to go to Lord's and play alongside some other talented cricketers and hopefully win against Loughborough, and to be able to have my mum and dad there to support me as they have done so much for me over the years.'
The teenager, from Wymondham, is hoping that an impressive performance will help gain her selection for the England Under-19 Super Fours competition in August, for the second year running.
Cadge also plays for Norfolk Women and coaches girls at Great Melton Cricket Club.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 9 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
t Norfolk Women were beaten by five wickets in their latest LV County Championship Division Five East match, against Cambridgeshire.
Norfolk skipper Kerry Holl won the toss at Hethersett & Tas Valley and decided to bat first.
The hosts made a promising start, reaching 47 for one with Lois Nethersell (22) and Naomi Littlewood (13) making steady progress. But the dismissal of Nethersell brought about a collapse as Norfolk lost nine wickets for 42 runs, finishing 89 all out in the 45th over.
Holl struck twice to help reduce Cambs to 53 for five in reply, but Lauren Andrews guided the visitors to victory without further loss, finishing unbeaten on 43 as they reached their target in the 36th over.
Norfolk are in league action again this Sunday when they take on Oxfordshire, who are one place below them in the table, at Hethersett & Tas Valley (11am).
Also at the weekend, Norfolk Girls Under-15s beat Cambridgeshire by four wickets, while the U17s lost by 10 wickets against Essex.