Norfolk Seniors losing opening match against Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Seniors were beaten in their opening league match of the season.
Opponents Suffolk came out on top 10-5 on a beautiful day at Halesworth to prevent Norfolk from having the bragging rights for the third year in a row.
The morning foursomes was a closely run affair, with Suffolk edging home 3-2. Tony Richards and David Pattrick and Roger Finney and Ian Hogg were the points winners.
The afternoon singles was a tense affair with half of the matches being won by Suffolk on the 18th. Fine wins were recorded by Tony Ralton, Tony Richards (both Sheringham) and Ian Hogg (Royal Cromer), who came in at the 11th hour for the injured Paul Whiting and collected maximum points.
Meanwhile there was a thrilling finish to Barnard Trophy second round match between the seniors
You may also want to watch:
of Middleton Hall and King's Lynn, with a drawn tie decided at the first extra hole. Lynn now play Ryston Park.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police