Norfolk Seniors losing opening match against Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Seniors were beaten in their opening league match of the season.
Opponents Suffolk came out on top 10-5 on a beautiful day at Halesworth to prevent Norfolk from having the bragging rights for the third year in a row.
The morning foursomes was a closely run affair, with Suffolk edging home 3-2. Tony Richards and David Pattrick and Roger Finney and Ian Hogg were the points winners.
The afternoon singles was a tense affair with half of the matches being won by Suffolk on the 18th. Fine wins were recorded by Tony Ralton, Tony Richards (both Sheringham) and Ian Hogg (Royal Cromer), who came in at the 11th hour for the injured Paul Whiting and collected maximum points.
Meanwhile there was a thrilling finish to Barnard Trophy second round match between the seniors
You may also want to watch:
of Middleton Hall and King's Lynn, with a drawn tie decided at the first extra hole. Lynn now play Ryston Park.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises