Norfolk Senior Cup: Superb double save helps Norwich United to knock out Dereham
- Credit: Submitted
Norwich United gained some revenge for last season's Norfolk Senior Cup defeat at the hands of Dereham by beating the holders in the fourth round at Aldiss Park last night.
The Planters looked to be going out when they trailed 2-1 going into injury-time but Tim Henery scored a dramatic late equaliser from the spot and they then went on to score three more in extra-time.
Man-of-the-match Andy Wilton made a fine save to turn Will Sainsbury-Logan's shot for a corner before tipping Danny Beaumont's fierce drive onto his post.
The Planters opened the scoring in the 43rd minute when Joe Jackson headed home Adam Hipperson's free- kick at the near post.
After the break Jay Eastoe-Smith drilled home a low drive to level matters after Norwich had failed to clear a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham missed a penalty in the 56th minute when Wilton made a superb double save to deny Joe Gatting. However, the Magpies went in front in the 81st minute when Gatting fed Beaumont who beat Wilton with an excellent volley.
Norwich forced extra-time when David Hinton fouled Ben Jones in the box and Henery coolly beat Will Viner from the spot.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
At the start of the first period Liam Jackson netted from close range to put Norwich in front and Adam Hipperson fired home a low drive from the edge of the box to seal victory in the final minute of the first half of added time.
Dereham: W Viner, V Costandachi (C Green 111), J Ramm (J Grant 100), R Linford, J Eastoe-Smith, D Frary, R Logan, D Hinton, J Gatting, W Sainsbury-Logan, D Beaumont(M Sommerfield 112).
Norwich Utd: A Wilton, S Shipley, Y Mohammed (M Brown 52), L Mason (B Jones 58), A Eastaugh, S Watts, L Jackson, S Wones, A Hipperson, T Henery, J Jackson (E Machaya 67)
• Fellow Ryman League North outfit Wroxham also booked their place in the quarter-finals when they saw off Hellesdon of Anglian Combination Division One 4-1 at Trafford Park.
Cassimiro Datacampol and Ben Lewis scored before the break, with the underdogs going on to give a good account of themselves before Ross Gilfedder and Danny Rogers added late goals for the hosts.
• Lowestoft's trip to Felixstowe and Walton United in the quarter-finals of the Suffolk Premier Cup was called off due to a waterlogged pitch and has been rearranged for Tuesday, November 22 (7.45pm).