Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final between Wymondham Town and Downham Town is ON
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final between Wymondham Town and Downham Town will take place on Tuesday evening after passing a pitch inspection (kick-off 7.30pm).
Norfolk FA announced on Tuesday morning that heavy overnight rain meant there would have to be a pitch inspection at the Football Development Centre (FDC) but the match will go ahead.
Anglian Combination Division One side, Wymondham, will be the underdogs against Downham, who ply their trade in Division One of the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League – two levels above Wymondham.
The winner of the tie will take on Norwich United in the final at Carrow Road after the Planters saw off Dereham Town 4-0 in their semi-final last week.
Wymondham go into the game on the back of a 6-2 win in the league over Loddon United as they edged closer to the Division One title.
You may also want to watch:
Downham were without a game at the weekend.
Elsewhere, Great Yarmouth entertain Coggeshall in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division whilst Norwich CBS' match against Leiston Reserves is off along with Diss' match against Needham Market.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 8 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 9 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 10 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze