Hipperson hat-trick helps Norwich United to place in Norfolk Senior Cup final
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
An Adam Hipperson hat-trick fired Norwich United into the final of the Norfolk Senior Cup at the FDC as the Planters belied their league position to sweep aside their promotion-chasing divisional rivals 4-0.
Hipperson opened the scoring in the 25th minute after he was put away down the left by Nathan Stewart and raced clear before angling a shot across Elliot Pride and inside the far post.
It was a lead the Planters deserved although Andy Wilton had to save low down to prevent Rhys Logan's firm shot from 15 yards.
Wilton denied Danny Beaumont and Logan as the Magpies pressed stronger in the second half, but it was Hipperson who doubled the Planters lead nine minutes from time, Tim Henery setting him away down the left and he shot home at the near post.
Henery provided Hipperson with a third in the second minute of injury time and then forced Matt Castellan into an own goal for the fourth.
You may also want to watch:
The Planters face either Downham Town or Wymondham who meet in the other semi-final next week.
Norwich United: Wilton, Applegate, Rose, Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Jones, Pollock, Jackson (Mackie 88), Stewart (Henery 78), Hipperson (Probert 90). Unused sub: Johnson.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 6 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
Dereham Town: Pride, Bitsindou (Wengrzik 74), Anema, Linford (Jarvis 56), Ebbage, Castellan, Logan, Hinton, Crisp, Borrer, Beaumont. Unused sub: Exley.
Referee: Paul Burnham.