Norfolk Senior Cup: Goreham helps Yarmouth see off local rivals
Great Yarmouth Town claimed local bragging rights as they advanced to the fourth round of the Norfolk Senior Cup tanks to a 2-1 victory over Acle.
Acle took the lead midway through the first half when Adam Faulkes headed home. However, the Bloaters rallied and Jason Thompson equalised 10 minutes later.
Acle's task was made even harder when they were reduced to 10 men after Aaron Jones was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Peter Oldham.
Yarmouth made the extra man count seven minutes into the second half as Luke Goreham fired home the winner.
Swaffham are also through to the next round courtesy of two Jack Redhead penalties to beat Hempnall 2-1 whilst an M Smith goal saw Downham Town see off Holt.
You may also want to watch:
A hat-trick from Danny Heller and one from Lewis Holsworth gave Caister a 4-2 win over Reepham Town with Dale Rayner getting both their goals. Goals from Nathan Howard and Jordan Penty gave Dersingham Rovers a 2-1 win at North Walsham Town, Perry Payne replied.
Scole United beat Mattishall 4-1 with goals from William Goulding, Thomas Green, Edward Cussons, Benjamin Cussons and Chris Hall for the visitors. Mulbarton Wanderers beat Norwich CEYMS 1-0 with a goal from Dale Simpson.
- 1 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
The other three matches were all defeats by one goal. In the Suffolk Senior Cup, an Alan Remblance goal gave Beccles Town a 1-0 win at Capel Plough. Corton lost 4-1 at Ipswich Valley Rangers.
In the Anglian Combination Premier Division leaders Long Stratton slipped up, losing 1-0 at home to Blofield United, whose goal came through Nathaniel D'Rosario. Goals from Jason Armes (2), Kane Taylor, Samuel Gauntlett, and Connor Delaney gave Spixworth a 5-1 win over Sheringham, whose goal came from Andrew Hooker. St Andrews beat Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 1-0 through Stephen Kelly. Timothy Cary and Luke Priestley scored for Wroxham Reserves as they drew 2-2 with Cromer Town, their scores were Karl Horton and David Harwood. Harleston Town beat Wymondham Town 6-1 with goals from Nicholas Howell (3), Richard Brett, Brendan Burke, Jake Imrie and Shaun Blyth for the visitors.