Norfolk Senior Cup: Goreham helps Yarmouth see off local rivals
Great Yarmouth Town claimed local bragging rights as they advanced to the fourth round of the Norfolk Senior Cup tanks to a 2-1 victory over Acle.
Acle took the lead midway through the first half when Adam Faulkes headed home. However, the Bloaters rallied and Jason Thompson equalised 10 minutes later.
Acle's task was made even harder when they were reduced to 10 men after Aaron Jones was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Peter Oldham.
Yarmouth made the extra man count seven minutes into the second half as Luke Goreham fired home the winner.
Swaffham are also through to the next round courtesy of two Jack Redhead penalties to beat Hempnall 2-1 whilst an M Smith goal saw Downham Town see off Holt.
You may also want to watch:
A hat-trick from Danny Heller and one from Lewis Holsworth gave Caister a 4-2 win over Reepham Town with Dale Rayner getting both their goals. Goals from Nathan Howard and Jordan Penty gave Dersingham Rovers a 2-1 win at North Walsham Town, Perry Payne replied.
Scole United beat Mattishall 4-1 with goals from William Goulding, Thomas Green, Edward Cussons, Benjamin Cussons and Chris Hall for the visitors. Mulbarton Wanderers beat Norwich CEYMS 1-0 with a goal from Dale Simpson.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
The other three matches were all defeats by one goal. In the Suffolk Senior Cup, an Alan Remblance goal gave Beccles Town a 1-0 win at Capel Plough. Corton lost 4-1 at Ipswich Valley Rangers.
In the Anglian Combination Premier Division leaders Long Stratton slipped up, losing 1-0 at home to Blofield United, whose goal came through Nathaniel D'Rosario. Goals from Jason Armes (2), Kane Taylor, Samuel Gauntlett, and Connor Delaney gave Spixworth a 5-1 win over Sheringham, whose goal came from Andrew Hooker. St Andrews beat Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 1-0 through Stephen Kelly. Timothy Cary and Luke Priestley scored for Wroxham Reserves as they drew 2-2 with Cromer Town, their scores were Karl Horton and David Harwood. Harleston Town beat Wymondham Town 6-1 with goals from Nicholas Howell (3), Richard Brett, Brendan Burke, Jake Imrie and Shaun Blyth for the visitors.