Watch highlights of the Norfolk Senior Cup final thriller between Norwich United and Downham Town
- Credit: Archant
It was a thrilling Norfolk Senior Cup final this season and you can watch highlights from the Carrow Road battle between Norwich United and Downham Town right here.
Higher-level Norwich eventually came out 4-2 winners after extra-time but they were pushed all the way by Downham, who took the lead early on through striker Ben Baxter-Hunt.
United then rallied to claim the lead before half-time through two goals inside four minutes from midfielder Sonny Carey but Downham drew level in the 65th minute thanks to a fine striker from Simon Bird.
That took the game to extra-time but Nathan Stewart's superb free-kick edged Norwich ahead, before Town were reduced to 10 men and Stewart set up Liam Jackson to wrap up the victory on Monday night.
GALLERY AND REPORT: Downham Town 2 Norwich United 4
That followed the Sunday Senior Cup final at Carrow Road the previous evening, in which Windmill produced a fine second half display to beat Acle Rangers 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Stanton gave Windmill a dream start with an audacious chip in the 10th minute but Acle responded well and were back on level terms when Aaron Sanders finished well after some fine approach play.
That's how it stayed at the break although Scott Foreman had to make a fine save to keep Acle on level terms.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
A fine individual effort from Sam Whiting gave Acle the lead early in the second half as he danced round several Windmill defenders before poking the ball home. But Windmill showed their character and in the 75th minute Chad Pillar made it 2-2 with a perfectly placed header.
Mitch McKay's emphatic finish put Windmill in front when he drew the keeper before lifting a fine effort into the top corner and the game was as good as over when Adam Thompston rose highest to head home.
• Watch highlights of all this season's local cup finals on the Norfolk FA Youtube channel