Norfolk semi-finals day provides exciting new incentive for local rugby teams
- Credit: Archant
There will be an extra incentive for the teams competing in various Norfolk Cup semi-finals tomorrow afternoon.
For the first time all the finals will be played at the same venue on the same day, with Little Melton-based Crusaders hosting a festival of knock-out action sponsored by Woodfordes Brewery on Saturday, May 7.
The move has been designed to give the county competitions a shot in the arm following a number of lean years blighted by teams withdrawing and should add a touch spice to the six matches taking place at the weekend.
In the Junior Cup Thetford and Dereham both have home advantage as they take on teams from higher leagues in the shape of West Norfolk and Lowestoft & Yarmouth respectively.
It's a similar scenario in the Norfolk Plate, with Fakenham hosting Wymondham, while in the other semi-final Norwich Medics take on UEA.
You may also want to watch:
In the new Second Team Cup the match-ups are Wymondham II v North Walsham II and Holt II v West Norfolk II.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award