Norfolk semi-finals day provides exciting new incentive for local rugby teams
- Credit: Archant
There will be an extra incentive for the teams competing in various Norfolk Cup semi-finals tomorrow afternoon.
For the first time all the finals will be played at the same venue on the same day, with Little Melton-based Crusaders hosting a festival of knock-out action sponsored by Woodfordes Brewery on Saturday, May 7.
The move has been designed to give the county competitions a shot in the arm following a number of lean years blighted by teams withdrawing and should add a touch spice to the six matches taking place at the weekend.
In the Junior Cup Thetford and Dereham both have home advantage as they take on teams from higher leagues in the shape of West Norfolk and Lowestoft & Yarmouth respectively.
It's a similar scenario in the Norfolk Plate, with Fakenham hosting Wymondham, while in the other semi-final Norwich Medics take on UEA.
You may also want to watch:
In the new Second Team Cup the match-ups are Wymondham II v North Walsham II and Holt II v West Norfolk II.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water