Norfolk scrum-half Ben Youngs relishing intensity of England’s World Cup training camp
- Credit: Archant
World Cup preparations are about to move up a gear for Norfolk rugby brothers Ben and Tom Youngs – as England fly to the USA for the next stage of their intense pre-tournament training camp.
Younger brother Ben says England's squad set themselves the target of being the fittest squad at the World Cup when it begins in 73 days time, when the hosts take on Fiji at Twickenham.
'We go to Denver on Saturday, we're going to be there for two weeks,' the scrum-half said.
'The reason we're going there is because the weather is very nice but also the high altitude; it's a mile high above sea level and we're going to be working hard in the altitude, where obviously the air is thinner.'
The former Gresham's School pupil added: 'It's going to hurt, it's going to be tough, but I am looking forward to it.'
• For more from Youngs, and for details of the World Cup shirt 'treasure hunt' which Canterbury will be bringing to Norwich later this month, see today's Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News.
Ben Youngs was appearing alongside his England team-mates at the launch of the innovative England Rugby World Cup shirt #CommittedToEngland. Visit Canterbury.com.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 9 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds