Norfolk scrum-half Ben Youngs relishing intensity of England’s World Cup training camp
- Credit: Archant
World Cup preparations are about to move up a gear for Norfolk rugby brothers Ben and Tom Youngs – as England fly to the USA for the next stage of their intense pre-tournament training camp.
Younger brother Ben says England's squad set themselves the target of being the fittest squad at the World Cup when it begins in 73 days time, when the hosts take on Fiji at Twickenham.
'We go to Denver on Saturday, we're going to be there for two weeks,' the scrum-half said.
'The reason we're going there is because the weather is very nice but also the high altitude; it's a mile high above sea level and we're going to be working hard in the altitude, where obviously the air is thinner.'
The former Gresham's School pupil added: 'It's going to hurt, it's going to be tough, but I am looking forward to it.'
You may also want to watch:
• For more from Youngs, and for details of the World Cup shirt 'treasure hunt' which Canterbury will be bringing to Norwich later this month, see today's Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News.
Ben Youngs was appearing alongside his England team-mates at the launch of the innovative England Rugby World Cup shirt #CommittedToEngland. Visit Canterbury.com.
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears