Youngsters make their mark in Norfolk Schools Cross Championships at Langley School
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 young runners made their mark at the Norfolk Schools Cross Country Championships held at Langley School, near Loddon.
In the senior boys 5.8km race Tyler Bilyard and Will Mahoney set the pace with Bilyard building a lead on the third of three laps round the grassland circuit.
The senior girls 3.9km race featured a battle between Jessica Norkett and Kate Willis with Norkett prevailing at the end. Danny Adams was a clear winner of the under-17 boys 5.8km race and Hattie Reynolds developed a good winning margin in the under-17 girls 3.9 km race over the flat two-lap course.
The closest race of the championship saw Zach Dunne surge ahead in the last 100 metres to take the under-15 boys 4.7km event.
Connie Easter built up a lead in the under-13 girls 2.1km to win by over 20 seconds. Norfolk's athletes will go forward to the Anglian Schools championships at Boston in Lincolnshire.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend will see the Norfolk Indoor Championships being held at Lynnsport, Kings Lynn.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals