Norfolk’s WinSum Junior Tennis League loses some interest
Norfolk Lawn Tennis Association's WinSum Junior Tennis League awards were handed out at the East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club.
Organiser Diane Bush welcomed the winners and asked players to spread the word as numbers have dwindled.
The season saw a new format, with players matched with opponents of the same rating. This was to enable players to take advantage of the new LTA ratings system where a player's rating could be advanced after just four wins.
Mrs Bush had hoped this would encourage more players, but it has not proved to be the case.
This year's prizes were awarded in age group categories according to the number of matches won.
You may also want to watch:
Derek Perry, head coach at EAT&SC presented the prizes – a trophy, a can of balls and, new for this year, some cash!
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
17 and under: Zane Axten
16 and under: Aidan Bull, Katie McKenna; runner-up Dayna Rice.
15 and under: Tom Mitchell; runners-up James Thacker and Simon Curtin.
14 and under: Matthew Cook and Emma Moolman; runner-up Annie Serruys.
12and under: Thomas Blackburn; runner-up Harry Ketteringham; Rosie Pooley
11 and under: Reuban Macmillan
• The WinSum League is open to all players eligible to play with a yellow ball and can be joined at any time.
For further information and/or an entry form please contact email@example.com.