Norfolk’s WinSum Junior Tennis League loses some interest
Norfolk Lawn Tennis Association's WinSum Junior Tennis League awards were handed out at the East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club.
Organiser Diane Bush welcomed the winners and asked players to spread the word as numbers have dwindled.
The season saw a new format, with players matched with opponents of the same rating. This was to enable players to take advantage of the new LTA ratings system where a player's rating could be advanced after just four wins.
Mrs Bush had hoped this would encourage more players, but it has not proved to be the case.
This year's prizes were awarded in age group categories according to the number of matches won.
You may also want to watch:
Derek Perry, head coach at EAT&SC presented the prizes – a trophy, a can of balls and, new for this year, some cash!
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
17 and under: Zane Axten
16 and under: Aidan Bull, Katie McKenna; runner-up Dayna Rice.
15 and under: Tom Mitchell; runners-up James Thacker and Simon Curtin.
14 and under: Matthew Cook and Emma Moolman; runner-up Annie Serruys.
12and under: Thomas Blackburn; runner-up Harry Ketteringham; Rosie Pooley
11 and under: Reuban Macmillan
• The WinSum League is open to all players eligible to play with a yellow ball and can be joined at any time.
For further information and/or an entry form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.