Norfolk’s ski stars excel down Norwich’s dry slopes
The first of the Club National Slalom Ski Races of the 2011 summer took place at Norfolk Snowsport Club this month, with the Club National and Snowsport England Grand Prix taking place.
In total, 174 racers from across the country competed in the opening Saturday, with a number of the 35 Norfolk-based competitors achieving success.
Of these, perhaps the most notable was Michael Molloy of Great Yarmouth, who won the junior two category and took third overall. Bedingham's Toby Hughes took third in the junior category.
There were two more Norfolk podium finishes in the mini-girl category, with Poringland's Meg Skipper and Jemma Luck of Coltishall coming second and third respectively.
The trend continued with Sprowston's Megan Coe finishing runner-up in children two female.
You may also want to watch:
The junior events were rounded off by Will Feneley, of Shereford, and Norwich's Edie Wright who booked third place finishes in their respective children one categories.
The feats were made all the more impressive given the pair were making their Club National debuts.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
The female masters saw Christine Bagge and Melissa Sampson finish second and third respectively, with head race coach Andy Head securing third in the male equivalent.
Sunday featured more Norfolk hopes. Feneley built on his previous day's success with second up in the children one group.
Norwich's Lloyd Wayling took second in the junior one males with Sophie Skipper of Poringland third in the females' race.
Toby Hughes and Daniel Molloy (Great Yarmouth) were second and third respectively in junior two.
Norfolk Snowsports Club, Trowse, will also host the 36th All England Dry Slop Championships on September 3 and 4.