Norfolk’s ‘Mr Angry’ Jody Cundy puts aside his trackside outburst to win Bronze for Great Britain
Norfolk cyclist Jody Cundy tasted success within 24 hours of his now infamous trackside outburst to take bronze in the velodrome on Saturday.
The cyclist, who has been dubbed 'Mr Angry' by some media after a four-letter rant at judges who disqualified him from a race 24 hours earlier, came third in the individual 4km pursuit.
Cundy, from Walpole St Peter, near King's Lynn, rocketed out of the blocks and caught his rival Columbian Diego German Duenas Gomez within five laps of the 16-lap race in the C4 category, instantly finishing the contest.
Afterwards he raised his arm aloft in celebration and blew kisses to the crowd.
On Friday, the 6,000-strong velodrome crowd booed the judges who refused him a restart after he said the starting gate had not opened properly in the 1km time trial, his favoured event. He shouted at officials, telling them they were 'ruining my life'.
You may also want to watch:
Cundy, who has a prosthetic leg, later apologised.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets