Norfolk’s Minor Counties Championship match at Lincolnshire abandoned
Norfolk's cricketers suffered further frustration when no play was possible on the final day of their Minor Counties Championship match against Lincolnshire at Cleethorpes.
The Eastern Division game was abandoned at 11am - following a first day washout and just 28.5 overs of play on the second day, in which the home side reached 88 for five in their first innings.
Norfolk collected six points and Lincolnshire four from a draw.
So Norfolk have 15 points from their opening two matches after the game against Suffolk at Bury St Edmunds in June also finished in a rain-affected draw.
Their Championship campaign resumes when the Manor Park festival gets under way with the visit of Staffordshire for a three-day match starting on Sunday, July 22.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
Lincolnshire v Norfolk
Cleethorpes: No play on first day
D J Birch st Gray b Brown 57
Vikram Atri c Warnes b Eccles 13
Akhit Patel c Gray b Bunting 10
C J Louth c Bush b Eccles 0
M P Dowman c Brown b Warnes 2
J R Cheer not out 0
L R Andrews not out 0
Extras lb4 w2 6
Total 5 wkts (28.5 overs) 88
Fall: 1-31 2-59 3-61 4-86 5-88
Bowling: Eccles 12-3-37-2, Warnes 9.5-2-22-1, Bunting 5-0-24-1, Brown 2-1-1-1.