Norfolk’s Minor Counties Championship match at Lincolnshire abandoned
Norfolk's cricketers suffered further frustration when no play was possible on the final day of their Minor Counties Championship match against Lincolnshire at Cleethorpes.
The Eastern Division game was abandoned at 11am - following a first day washout and just 28.5 overs of play on the second day, in which the home side reached 88 for five in their first innings.
Norfolk collected six points and Lincolnshire four from a draw.
So Norfolk have 15 points from their opening two matches after the game against Suffolk at Bury St Edmunds in June also finished in a rain-affected draw.
Their Championship campaign resumes when the Manor Park festival gets under way with the visit of Staffordshire for a three-day match starting on Sunday, July 22.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
Lincolnshire v Norfolk
Cleethorpes: No play on first day
D J Birch st Gray b Brown 57
Vikram Atri c Warnes b Eccles 13
Akhit Patel c Gray b Bunting 10
C J Louth c Bush b Eccles 0
M P Dowman c Brown b Warnes 2
J R Cheer not out 0
L R Andrews not out 0
Extras lb4 w2 6
Total 5 wkts (28.5 overs) 88
Fall: 1-31 2-59 3-61 4-86 5-88
Bowling: Eccles 12-3-37-2, Warnes 9.5-2-22-1, Bunting 5-0-24-1, Brown 2-1-1-1.