Norfolk’s Isport back on GP2 form at Silverstone
Carleton Rode's Isport delivered two top-five finishes at the British feature race of the GP2 Main Series at Silverstone.
Marcus Ericsson's podium and a fifth place for Sam Bird ensured the Norfolk outfit was back on form in the Formula One feeder category, before Sunday's sprint race.
Jules Bianchi led the field home for Group Lotus-backed ART, but Hingham's Team Air Asia – sisters to F1 constructor Team Lotus – had a disappointing time of it.
Flying Italian and Monaco winner Davide Valsecchi never got going in the changeable conditions and had to settle for 15th, while Brazilian Luiz Razia came home 18th.
Griston's Super Nova fared little better, although Luca Filippi's 14th was heartening. Fairuz Fauzy was down in 21st; behind Trident's Attleborough racer Rodolfo Gonzalez.
You may also want to watch:
Isport return to second in the teams' championship, just four points ahead of Norfolk rivals Team Air Asia in third – and with a reversed grid for Sunday's 45-minute race that could well see them add more points to their tally.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000