Norfolk’s Federation County bowlers lose out at Lincolnshire
Norfolk's Federation County bowlers continued their efforts to retain the Derbyshire Trophy on Sunday with a match against Lincolnshire.
The game started badly for the Norfolk players as Lincolnshire stormed into a 34-16 lead after five ends. The next five ends belonged to Norfolk as they reduced the deficit to eight shots (52-60). Unfortunately the next 10 ends belonged to Lincolnshire as they extended their lead to 95-74 at 15 ends and 126-103 at 20 ends.
Over the last five ends the Norfolk players produced a superb fightback scoring 33 shots to 15 but it wasn't enough as they lost out 141-136 overall.
Rink scores from the game against Lincolnshire were
At Acle: J Howlett, R Parker, T Dunton 21-25; M Elliott, J Fruin, J Dyball 17-23; J Colcombe, S Elliott, G Tubby 34-16.
You may also want to watch:
At Lincoln: L Hills, M Riches, I Wones 9-29; P Winter, I Whiley, S Winter 37-14; A Sayer, D Toyn, J Roope 18-34.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 8 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid