Norfolk’s elite swimmers heading off to Dubai for intensive training camp
A group of 19 Norfolk’s elite swimmers are heading off for a once in a lifetime opportunity to train and compete in Dubai.
The team comprises of swimmers of national standard and one of international standard all from the UEA City of Norwich Swimming Club and will be accompanied by their two coaches Alex and Karen Pinniger during the 11-day training camp.
The swimmers will be travelling out to Dubai via Amsterdam tomorrow and are staying in the heart of New Dubai at the Atana Hotel.
The first eight days of the camp will see the swimmers follow an intensive programme of 11x2 hour pool sessions where the primary objective is for the swimmers to experience a long-haul intensive warm weather training block.
The training will be both in the pool and on land including educational workshops and team building. There will be underwater and overwater analysis and daily hydration testing. The swimmers also have time allocated for study and sight seeing collecting life experiences to savour.
You may also want to watch:
The training programme will be swiftly followed by their first experience of an abroad swimming meet hosted by Hamilton Aquatics at the famous Hamdan Sports Complex. This venue boasts two standard 50-metre swimming pools, and the advanced technology of moveable floors, and under water sound systems.
The host club, Hamilton Aquatics, are regular visitors to the Sportspark UEA when the City of Norwich Swimming Club hosts their Level One Easter Meet and the club also boast some very talented swimmers who themselves will also be aiming for national qualification times across a wide range of nationalities.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
The younger squad members at the UEA City of Norwich Swimming Club also have European Swim camp planned and they are travelling to Torremolinos in Spain in March. The club is also running local camps for its development squads throughout the half term. Norwich Penguins Learn to Swim Programme have a year round registration for beginners and improvers, with pools in Norwich.
To find out more about the club then please visit our websitewww.cityofnorwichsc.co.uk.