Norfolk’s Ben Youngs named in starting XV for England against Italy in Six Nations
- Credit: PA
England have promoted Courtney Lawes, Mako Vunipola and Ben Youngs to their starting XV for Sunday's RBS 6 Nations clash with Italy in Rome.
Lawes replaces Joe Launchbury in the second row, Vunipola has been chosen ahead of Joe Marler at loosehead prop and Youngs is preferred to Danny Care at scrum-half for the trip to the Stadio Olimpico.
All three of the demoted players drop to the replacements, which also include uncapped lock Maro Itoje.
To accommodate the addition of Itoje, who has been in outstanding form for Saracens this season, head coach Eddie Jones has opted for a six-two split on the bench with centre Ollie Devoto dropping out.
'We've made a few changes to the line-up for Italy. I believe this is the strongest 23 to go to Rome and get the performance and result we want.' Jones said.
'Mako, Ben and Courtney have been pushing hard for selection during training, but they also fit the game plan we want to implement against Italy.
'Danny, Joe Marler and Joe Launchbury will all have a significant role to play to finish the game.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party