Norfolk’s Andrew Marshall successfully defends Bahrain Open title
Norfolk's Andrew Marshall enjoyed a confidence-boosting victory to successfully defend his Bahrain Open title ahead of his next foray on the European Tour.
Marshall, 38, cruised to an eight-shot victory, in what were challenging desert conditions, for what was is his fourth victory in the competition in five starts.
The Dereham professional finished with a five over total of 145 after a 72 on day one and a 73 on a very windy second day which saw the scoring rocket.
He said: 'I'm really pleased to have been able to defend my title again. It's my fourth win in five starts and next year's event is the 50th Open so promises to be a big week. It was very windy on both days with the wind strongest on day two, blowing the ball off the tee on a few occasions.
'I had a birdie two on the fourth and a birdie three on 10 before letting the round slip and making two doubles on 15 and 17 but ended with a biride on the last hole.
You may also want to watch:
'My game is in good shape although my putting needs some work.'
Marshall, who was ninth reserve for the European Tour's Open de Andaluc�a in Spain this week, will next tee it up in competition in Morocco the following week courtesy of an invite and then again in Sicily the week after.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life