Norfolk’s Amy Ottaway waiting for a chance to impress at Paralympics
Norfolk's Amy Ottaway wore a wide smile for the second time in three days as Great Britain's goalball team continued their charge at the Paralympics with a shock win over Brazil.
On Friday, despite not featuring, Ottaway was there as the team became the first British outfit to win a game in the Copper Box at London 2012 after the men's and women's handball teams lost every game during the Olympics.
Yet the 1-1 draw with Finland proved only the appetiser for what was to come yesterday as Britain stunned well-fancied Brazil 3-1, although again Ottaway wasn't called upon.
Jessica Luke got the ball rolling, bringing the hosts back level before Anna Sharkey struck twice to get the Copper Box rocking and put them in contention for the quarter-finals.
'It hasn't really sunk in yet,' said Luke. 'The team we played were second in the Pan-Am Games, and to take three points for them was just incredible.
You may also want to watch:
'The crowd were brilliant and we had lots of friends and family watching.
It was a bit quieter at 9 o'clock and then it built and built throughout the game and erupted when we won.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
'Because we're blindfolded we can't always tell what's going on so the crowd give you an indication of when you've come close to scoring and I find that really helpful.
'We face Denmark on Tuesday morning so we now need to start again and refocus and give them the same game that we gave Brazil.'