Gallery: Catton Grove win Norfolk primary schools mini tennis title
- Credit: Mike Fitt
Over 120 youngsters took part in the primary schools mini tennis finals at the Norfolk School Games at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
All eight School Sports Partnerships had previously held qualifying events, with the top four teams progressing to the county finals.
Each school competed in a knockout competition, with every team guaranteed five matches.
With four players in each school team this amounted to over 80 matches and every point was to play for as tied results would mean a count-back on points won.
The semi-finals were tense affairs with Catton Grove narrowly edging out North Wootton. In what had to be the match of the day, Woodlands A clinched the match against Hethersett A by virtue of winning the number one singles match. The teams were tied at 2-2 and also tied on the same number of points.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, Catton Grove came through to claim the title against Woodlands A, with Hethersett A winning the third-fourth play-off with North Wootton.
Schools who lost there first match continued to play off to determine a placed finish.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
In the end, having won all four of their remaining matches, St Francis of Assisi defeated Blofield to win the consolation event.