Norfolk pride for happy Henman as Dereham Town see off Ryman League rivals Wroxham
- Credit: Ian Burt
A home derby victory in front of Dereham Town's biggest crowd of the season left Matt Henman purring about the state of non-league football in Norfolk last night.
The Magpies saw off Wroxham 2-0 in a match that captured the imagination with both clubs flying high towards the top end of Ryman Division One North. And with 414 fans taking in the action at Aldiss Park, Henman admits it was a night to remember for his always-improving semi-professional outfit.
The Dereham boss said: 'It's another three points towards where we want to be. I think both clubs have ambitions of pushing for the play-offs.
'We had that expectation at the start of the season, they were probably a little bit more unknown.
'But we want to stay in the hunt and complement it with a good cup run, which we're having (FA Trophy).
You may also want to watch:
'Football's good in the county at the minute. The chairman (Simon Barnes) has got a smile on his face, which I'm happy about. This club deserves nights like this. We deserve three, four hundred through the gate and to be pushing at the top of the league. The players are doing the club really proud at the moment.'
Stunning goals from Ryan Hawkins and Matt Hockley secured the victory which made it seven wins from eight in all competitions for Dereham who move up to sixth. Wroxham remain in fifth after their six-game league winning run came to an end.
- Click here for a match report and gallery of pictures from last night's game.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash