Norfolk politician’s Olympic family link
A Norfolk politician will be watching the action from the Olympic stadium with close interest tonight as one of his family relatives goes for gold in the 400m final.
The second cousin of Labour's Norwich South prospective parliamentary candidate Clive Lewis, Grenada's Kirani James, will be hoping to add an Olympic title to his world championship gold medal tonight.
Last year's world championships in Daegu saw him win the 400m just two days before his 19th birthday - it was his first major international gold medal in only his fourth professional appearance.
Mr Lewis, who is related to James on his dad's side, said: 'The island has very few resources and is very small so for him to be able to compete at that level must have taken great commitment.
'He is a credit to the island, that's for sure. I know the whole island will be proud of him, I am.'
You may also want to watch:
Are you related to an Olympian? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover