Norwich United name new men in the hot-seat
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Norwich United have named Garth Good and Dan Goffin as joint first team managers as they attempt to return to Step 4 football at the first attempt.
They take over at Plantation Park following the shock resignation of Steve Eastaugh, which was announced to the players after the new season's opening training session last Saturday.
The Planters – relegated from the Bostik League North Division – moved quickly, with the first friendly next Tuesday, away at Caister (6.45pm).
Both Good and Goffin have extensive coaching and management experience, including working with the Norwich City Academy, and impressed United with a passionate and enthusiastic approach to the sport.
After yesterday's announcement, Goffin tweeted: 'Delighted to be given the opportunity to become joint first team manager of @NorwichUtd. Excited to get started and back working alongside Garth Good.'
They will start their new roles immediately.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 5 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 8 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons