Norwich United name new men in the hot-seat
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Norwich United have named Garth Good and Dan Goffin as joint first team managers as they attempt to return to Step 4 football at the first attempt.
They take over at Plantation Park following the shock resignation of Steve Eastaugh, which was announced to the players after the new season's opening training session last Saturday.
The Planters – relegated from the Bostik League North Division – moved quickly, with the first friendly next Tuesday, away at Caister (6.45pm).
Both Good and Goffin have extensive coaching and management experience, including working with the Norwich City Academy, and impressed United with a passionate and enthusiastic approach to the sport.
After yesterday's announcement, Goffin tweeted: 'Delighted to be given the opportunity to become joint first team manager of @NorwichUtd. Excited to get started and back working alongside Garth Good.'
You may also want to watch:
They will start their new roles immediately.
- 1 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000