Newson looking to put Norfolk name on world title trophy
- Credit: Archant
Matt Newson will be looking to take another step towards becoming the first Norfolk driver to win the BriSCA F1 Stock Car world title since Dereham's Bob Reeve in 1955 when the first World Championship Semi-Final takes place at King's Lynn on Saturday (5pm).
Newson has had a great qualifying campaign and will no doubt be delighted to have drawn his home track at Lynn rather than the other semi-final, which takes place at Birmingham next weekend.
He will start the big race on the outside of the front row alongside arch-rival Stuart Smith.
It will be the first time in three months that F1 Stock Cars have raced in Norfolk.
Racing also comes from the 2L Stock Cars who will be competing at King's Lynn for the final time before the World Final is staged at the venue in just over two weeks time.
You may also want to watch:
There is also racing taking place at King's Lynn this Sunday when the 2L Bangers, Micro Bangers, 1300 Stock Cars and Junior Bangers are in action.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland