Parker looking to get back in the groove at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Stock car and Banger racing returns to the Adrian Flux Arena on Saturday when the 1500cc Banger East Anglian Teams, 2L Stock Cars and 1300 Stock Cars are all in action.
World champion Dan Parker will be looking to get back into the winning groove in the 2L Stock Cars.
Despite putting in several great performances so far in 2018, the young Norwich driver has found the going tough when it has come to getting into the winner's circle – it is not easy starting at the very back of the grid in a competitive formula such as the 2L Stock Cars every race.
Tommy Barnes has had a great start to 2018 in the formula and has been promoted to the star grade – but don't expect having to start towards the rear of the grid to phase him, though.
Going the other way is Lee Sampson, who went down to the blues for June. Sampson has already taken advantage of this – at Cowdenbeath a fortnight ago in the National Championship he notched up some excellent results and he will be keen to rack up the points at his local track on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Other local drivers involved in the 2L Stock Cars include Craig Banwell, Lewis Gallie, Tyler Bloomfield and Shane Emmerson.
Several teams in the 1500cc Banger East Anglian Teams will be fielding local drivers in their line-ups.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
STB are fielding two teams for the competition which are full of local drivers and these hard charging drivers will be determined to make their mark one way or another. Chris Wick, Paul Lovick, Nick Unermann and Tim Rees make up the A team with Callum Gould, Danny Bear and Alan Jackson making up part of the B Team.
Pre-meeting favourites for the main title will be Team Mates which include Downham's Shaun Clarke who will be an integral part of this team's charge for top honours whilst the Smurfs, who are another team with long-standing roots, will also be in action, and will be led by the veteran performer Steven Pope, together with young gun Ashlun Woods and new team member James Barred.
The 1300 Stock Car entry includes Dan Weavers, Charlie Ellis, Ben Englestone, Todd Payne and Jake Burgess.