Newson overcomes mechanical issues at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Despite not firing on all cylinders, Matt Newson still managed to take the chequered flag and post some more very good results in the F1 Stock Cars at King's Lynn.
Things started off well for Hewson in his heat when he forced a way past long-time leader Dutch star Mark Tessalaar with two laps to go and although his car was far from perfect he held on to take the chequered flag.
Despite changing most parts in the engine, Newson still raced in the final and Grand National and although he was frustrated at his mechanical issues, was pleased to get home fifth in the final and third in the Grand National. British Champion Frankie Wainman Jnr won the meeting final – his second in succession at King's Lynn.
The 1300 Stock Car European Championship saw veteran George Morphey take his first victory in the championship.
Racing returns on Monday (1pm) when the Big Vans head the bill, as well as 2L Stock Cars, 2L (Non Mondeo) Bangers and Micro Bangers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city