Newson overcomes mechanical issues at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Despite not firing on all cylinders, Matt Newson still managed to take the chequered flag and post some more very good results in the F1 Stock Cars at King's Lynn.
Things started off well for Hewson in his heat when he forced a way past long-time leader Dutch star Mark Tessalaar with two laps to go and although his car was far from perfect he held on to take the chequered flag.
Despite changing most parts in the engine, Newson still raced in the final and Grand National and although he was frustrated at his mechanical issues, was pleased to get home fifth in the final and third in the Grand National. British Champion Frankie Wainman Jnr won the meeting final – his second in succession at King's Lynn.
The 1300 Stock Car European Championship saw veteran George Morphey take his first victory in the championship.
Racing returns on Monday (1pm) when the Big Vans head the bill, as well as 2L Stock Cars, 2L (Non Mondeo) Bangers and Micro Bangers.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance