Norfolk men’s tennis captain gets pointers for Winter County Cup squad
- Credit: Submitted
The first Norfolk Men's Invitational 2014 tournament has been won by Dan Wynne.
The tournament, created by Norfolk men's captain Barry Fulcher so that junior and senior players can compete together, was hosted at Easton Tennis Centre.
The event provides Fulcher with the opportunity to select his strongest team before this month's Winter County Cup.
Played over one day, the 16 invited players competed in round robin groups before a knockout.
Wynne came out on top ahead of Kris Jenkins, with Jack Long Martinez third and Tom Lamming fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Fulcher said: 'We have realised the long-term benefits of getting the younger players involved rather than anything else.
'Three of the four groups were tied for first place, so it was tight all the way through. It was a very successful exercise and enjoyable seeing some proper battles and good to put some names to faces.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
The selected team will be competing during the weekend of November 28-30, in Group One against Hertfordshire, South Wales and Lancashire.