Norfolk men’s tennis captain gets pointers for Winter County Cup squad
- Credit: Submitted
The first Norfolk Men's Invitational 2014 tournament has been won by Dan Wynne.
The tournament, created by Norfolk men's captain Barry Fulcher so that junior and senior players can compete together, was hosted at Easton Tennis Centre.
The event provides Fulcher with the opportunity to select his strongest team before this month's Winter County Cup.
Played over one day, the 16 invited players competed in round robin groups before a knockout.
Wynne came out on top ahead of Kris Jenkins, with Jack Long Martinez third and Tom Lamming fourth.
Fulcher said: 'We have realised the long-term benefits of getting the younger players involved rather than anything else.
'Three of the four groups were tied for first place, so it was tight all the way through. It was a very successful exercise and enjoyable seeing some proper battles and good to put some names to faces.'
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
The selected team will be competing during the weekend of November 28-30, in Group One against Hertfordshire, South Wales and Lancashire.