Norfolk men go down fighting
King's Lynn's Brad Newman and Watlington's Stevo Carter suffered narrow defeats in the 'Fists of Fury' show which heralded the launch of the new 'fightnightlive' internet television channel - the brainchild of King's Lynn's ex-European and British champion Dell Mann.
Newman lost on points to Scotland's Stevie Boyd with Carter suffering a similar fate to Matthew Keirn over three two minute rounds on the show at the Pyramids Centre in Southsea, Portsmouth.
The 16-fight event featured an eight-man 'Prizefighter' style tournament and was broadcast live in four-hour internet show.
'Both guys did great and it was televised live across the world,' said Mann. 'The whole show was a great success and both Lynn-based fighters are eager to get back in the ring again.'
Anyone wanting to purchase a DvD of the whole four hour show can contact Mann direct on 07952 036732.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 6 Man seriously injured after crash
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich