Norfolk men go down fighting
King's Lynn's Brad Newman and Watlington's Stevo Carter suffered narrow defeats in the 'Fists of Fury' show which heralded the launch of the new 'fightnightlive' internet television channel - the brainchild of King's Lynn's ex-European and British champion Dell Mann.
Newman lost on points to Scotland's Stevie Boyd with Carter suffering a similar fate to Matthew Keirn over three two minute rounds on the show at the Pyramids Centre in Southsea, Portsmouth.
The 16-fight event featured an eight-man 'Prizefighter' style tournament and was broadcast live in four-hour internet show.
'Both guys did great and it was televised live across the world,' said Mann. 'The whole show was a great success and both Lynn-based fighters are eager to get back in the ring again.'
Anyone wanting to purchase a DvD of the whole four hour show can contact Mann direct on 07952 036732.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones