Norfolk LTA make special presentation as sponsorship arrangement is announced
- Credit: Steve Howlett
Norfolk men's number one Richard Bloomfield has had his services to tennis in the county recognised by the Norfolk Lawn Tennis Association (LTA).
The 32-year-old, originally from Alpington, was presented with a commemorative tankard as recognition for his 'outstanding services' by Norfolk LTA president Richard Palmer.
Bloomfield reached a career-high world singles ranking of 176, having reached the second round of Wimbledon in 2006 and the second round of the US Open in 2007.
He also reached a career-high doubles ranking of 172 in 2007, after reaching the third round at Wimbledon alongside Jonny Marray.
Last season also proved successful for Bloomfield, winning three Aegon British Tour singles events and then losing in the final of the end-of-year British Tour Masters tournament in Nottingham.
You may also want to watch:
• Norfolk LTA have also recently been celebrating after announcing a sponsorship arrangement with Norwich-based independent financial advisors and insurance brokers Smith and Pinching.
Scott Pinching, financial director of Smith and Pinching Financial Services, said: 'We are proud to support Norfolk Tennis over the coming years and look forward to seeing more people of all ages and abilities playing tennis in the county and the representative teams doing well.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
Norfolk LTA president Richard Palmer added: 'We are delighted to have secured this generous offer of support from a prestigious local company which shares our passion for tennis.
'This will help us greatly with support for our junior teams and training as well as our work to increase participation in tennis across Norfolk.'