Norfolk League round-up: Schoolboy takes four-wicket haul during loss
- Credit: PA
The weather wreaked havoc with the schedule as all Division One fixtures fell foul of the rain, writes Mike Ridout.
In Division Two, two games were played, Garboldisham A making 180 runs in 45 overs then proving too good for Costessey and winning by 30 runs. An exciting game at Saxlingham saw the home side post 214 in 40 overs, led by Ollie Browne with 102, against Drayton.
Confidence was no doubt high when early wickets fell, but with Ran Bharath making 66 and Kalpesh Malashwari finishing with 63 not out Drayton got over the winning line with a couple of overs to spare.
In Division Three East, table-topping Overstrand recorded another maximum win. Billy Yarham (50), Dave Yarham (62, 4-13) and Lee West (5-36) ensured Old Catton were never really in the hunt. Gillingham, not to be outdone, kept the pressure up with a maximum points win at home to Aylsham St Giles. Kevin Springhall (78) and Jordan Barber (59, 3-2) shone for the victors.
In 3W, Ed Mead (57no) and Marcus Webb (4-57) helped North Elmham win at Hethersett & Tas Valley. In 4E Acle B won by 80 runs at home, mainly due to Joe Flat's 4-7. In 4W, Robert Leech's 73no and 13-year-old Lewis Hart's 4-24 was not enough to prevent Garboldisham C losing to Rocklands A by one wicket.
You may also want to watch:
In 5E, Southwold won at leaders Beeston to increase the pressure on them at the top while 5W table-toppers Beetley were not to be denied as they saw off Mundford A. Old Buckenham C enjoyed a successful trip to Swanton Morley A.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 10 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip