Norfolk law firm Hansells celebrates tenth year of Norfolk County bowls sponsorship
Hansells Solicitors and Financial Advisers are starting their 10th year of sponsoring the Norfolk County EBA Association.
After last year's 75th anniversary celebrations for the Norfolk EBA, it is the sponsor's turn this year to mark a milestone.
There are high hopes for success for the county's bowlers.
The key aim remains success at the Middleton Cup at Worthing after last year's exit at the semi-final stage.
And there is also optimism for a summer of close contests on the local league scene and in the battle for the Hansells Solicitors League Cup.
Hansells' managing partner Roger Holden said: 'This is the start of our 10th year and we have always found the bowlers of Norfolk a delightful group of people with such enthusiasm for the sport.
'This is an important year for Hansells; we are very pleased to again be involved as sponsors and it shows we are in this for the long-term.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 4 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 5 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 6 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 7 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 8 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
- 9 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 10 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
'It also shows the strength of the links between ourselves and the community, being involved at the grassroots of sport and we love to be out on the greens meeting the players and sharing their joys of winning.'
Norfolk EBA secretary Peter Bird said they were grateful for the Norfolk law firm's support – and is confident of improving on last year's semi-final exit from the Middleton Cup, a competition Norfolk last won in 2006.
'We lost in the semi-final to the eventual winners last year but we are hoping to go a step further this year and get to the final and hopefully win it.'