Youngster Pippa following in a proud family tradition
- Credit: Archant
Young golfer Pippa Hill is following in a proud family tradition.
The 13-year-old teamed up with fellow Marriott Sprowston Manor player Helen McAllister to win the Fowler Trophy.
The event, which was staged at Dereham, is an 18 hole greensome foursomes with a lady and junior playing together. Pippa and Helen recorded 42 Stableford points to pip Chloe Tabard and Sophie De Winter (Heacham Manor) and Emma Bambridge and Christine Frazer (Bawburgh) who both finished on 41.
Pippa is the daughter of former professional James Hill and granddaughter of retired pro' Frank Hill.
A nine hole event for girls without handicap was won by Charlotte Abbs and Cindy Tufts (Dereham).
You may also want to watch:
Gillieson Cup third round results: Wensum Valley beat Hunstanton 2-1, Dunston Hall beat Dereham 2-1, Barnham Broom beat Royal Norwich 3-0, Royal Cromer beat Swaffham 2-1. Semi-finals: Wensum Valley v Dunston Hall, Barnham Broom v Royal Cromer.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos