Jo Ashmore crowned Norfolk Ladies Seniors champion for fifth year running
- Credit: Archant
Jo Ashmore has won the Norfolk Ladies' Senior Championship for the fifth year running.
In glorious weather a full field of 58 women competed in the Championship at Royal West Norfolk Golf Club at Brancaster.
Ashmore, from Barnham Broom, won the title by two shots after signing for an 83 with Kath Malvern from Thetford coming second with a gross 85.
Both players had recently competed in the English Senior Strokeplay Championship at Belton Park.
The winner of the Handicap Trophy with a nett 75 was Sue Hosking from Eaton and the runner-up was Gill McLeod from Royal Cromer with a nett 77. The winner of the Judith Mackinnon Trophy was Sue Meadows from Hunstanton.
You may also want to watch:
Ryston Park's Men's Club Championship took place on Sunday, with competitors playing 36 holes in the scorching heat.
Richard Allen, who plays off scratch, took top honours with scores of 70 and 72 while five handicapper Danny Kew scored 71 and 76 to win the Handicap competition.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit