Jo Ashmore crowned Norfolk Ladies Seniors champion for fifth year running
- Credit: Archant
Jo Ashmore has won the Norfolk Ladies' Senior Championship for the fifth year running.
In glorious weather a full field of 58 women competed in the Championship at Royal West Norfolk Golf Club at Brancaster.
Ashmore, from Barnham Broom, won the title by two shots after signing for an 83 with Kath Malvern from Thetford coming second with a gross 85.
Both players had recently competed in the English Senior Strokeplay Championship at Belton Park.
The winner of the Handicap Trophy with a nett 75 was Sue Hosking from Eaton and the runner-up was Gill McLeod from Royal Cromer with a nett 77. The winner of the Judith Mackinnon Trophy was Sue Meadows from Hunstanton.
You may also want to watch:
Ryston Park's Men's Club Championship took place on Sunday, with competitors playing 36 holes in the scorching heat.
Richard Allen, who plays off scratch, took top honours with scores of 70 and 72 while five handicapper Danny Kew scored 71 and 76 to win the Handicap competition.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich