Norfolk Iceni’s Sharleen Bradley selected for East of England Under-17 team
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norfolk Iceni Basketball Club's Sharleen Bradley has been chosen to represent the East of England team at Under-17 level.
Bradley, who has represented Norfolk since she was 13, was originally selected for the East training squad for the inter county tournament back in May.
She has since been attending training sessions in St Albans where she did enough to be selected for a full place on the East team.
The team travel to the National Basketball Performance Centre in Belle Vue, Manchester, this weekend where they will play last year's winners London and the South West in their opening games of their pool on Saturday.
Depending on their pool position they will have a further two games on Sunday resulting in an overall team position.
You may also want to watch:
The tournaments are an integral selection tool for the U17 England development teams that in turn feed the U18 GB national teams.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror