Norfolk Iceni’s Sharleen Bradley selected for East of England Under-17 team
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norfolk Iceni Basketball Club's Sharleen Bradley has been chosen to represent the East of England team at Under-17 level.
Bradley, who has represented Norfolk since she was 13, was originally selected for the East training squad for the inter county tournament back in May.
She has since been attending training sessions in St Albans where she did enough to be selected for a full place on the East team.
The team travel to the National Basketball Performance Centre in Belle Vue, Manchester, this weekend where they will play last year's winners London and the South West in their opening games of their pool on Saturday.
Depending on their pool position they will have a further two games on Sunday resulting in an overall team position.
You may also want to watch:
The tournaments are an integral selection tool for the U17 England development teams that in turn feed the U18 GB national teams.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools