Norfolk’s junior girls claim impressive win in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's girls played outstanding golf over three days to claim an impressive win in the Junior County Match Days competition at Letchworth.
They recorded five emphatic victories in the most prestigious team event of the year to follow in the footsteps of the senior team, who won their regional event earlier in the summer to qualify for next month's national finals at Royal North Devon.
The format was round robin matchplay, with each county having a team of six girls.
Norfolk opened up with a 5½-1½ victory over Suffolk and built on that solid foundation with wins over Cambs & Hunts (6-0) and Hertfordshire (4½-1½) on day two.
That left them firmly in command of the competition and they completed the job on the final day by recording 5-1 wins over Bedfordshire and Essex 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
The successful Norfolk team was captained by Chloe Rowswell and also included Abigail O'Riordan, Imogen Leeder, Chloe Gibbs, Hope Neild, Eve Neild, Maisie Farrelly and Poppy Beales.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms