Norfolk’s junior girls claim impressive win in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's girls played outstanding golf over three days to claim an impressive win in the Junior County Match Days competition at Letchworth.
They recorded five emphatic victories in the most prestigious team event of the year to follow in the footsteps of the senior team, who won their regional event earlier in the summer to qualify for next month's national finals at Royal North Devon.
The format was round robin matchplay, with each county having a team of six girls.
Norfolk opened up with a 5½-1½ victory over Suffolk and built on that solid foundation with wins over Cambs & Hunts (6-0) and Hertfordshire (4½-1½) on day two.
That left them firmly in command of the competition and they completed the job on the final day by recording 5-1 wins over Bedfordshire and Essex 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
The successful Norfolk team was captained by Chloe Rowswell and also included Abigail O'Riordan, Imogen Leeder, Chloe Gibbs, Hope Neild, Eve Neild, Maisie Farrelly and Poppy Beales.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park