Norfolk Girls finish with a flourish in East Region event
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Girls came third in the East Region Junior County Match Days competition at Colne Valley in Essex.
They took on teams from the hosts, Hertfordsfire, Bedfordshire, Suffolk and Cambs & Hunts in a round robin event of six singles and recovered well after a poor start to seal a respectable finish.
There was some exciting matchplay action over the three days, with everyone contributing.
Norfolk were beaten 4-2 by Hertfordshire on day one and also lost their second match 5-1 to Essex before bouncing back to beat Suffolk 6-0. The girls then finished with a flourish to see off Cambs & Hunts 5½-1½ and Bedfordshire 4-2.
Representing their county were Jasmine Campbell, Chloe Rowswell, Megan Mann, Imogen Leeder, Maisie Farrelly, Chloe Gibbs, Hope Neild and Eve Neild.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Mundesley won the Diamond Knockout final at Wensum Valley by a margin of six up against Bawburgh.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village