Norfolk fast bowler Michael Eccles proves he’s a fast runner as well at Breckland 10K
- Credit: Submitted
Norfolk cricketer Michael Eccles was the first of almost 300 athletes to finish the annual Breckland 10K road race.
The circuit started in the south Norfolk village of Croxton before heading out towards East Wretham, turning around halfway between the two villages and heading back to a finish just outside Croxton.
Organised and marshalled by volunteers from Thetford Athletic Club, this year's race was completed by 284 athletes – with Norfolk Gazelles AC's Eccles, an opening bowler for Norfolk, romping home to victory in a time of 33.17mins.
Ipswich Jaffa's Robert Chenery came home in second in a time of 33.59 and former Thetford AC athlete, now representing St Mary's University, Joe Kirton, was third in 34.20.
West Suffolk's Christine Anthony ran 42.01 to successfully cross the line as the first female athlete. Hannah McInroy-Naylor was just six seconds behind for second place whilst Sophie Newman of the Stowmarket Striders was the third female athlete, completing the course in a time of 42.57.
You may also want to watch:
For full results, see www.thetford-ac.co.uk.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 10 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill