Norfolk EBF ladies finish on a high
Norfolk EBF ladies played their final games away against Suffolk in both the Donald Steward Trophy and Silver Jubilee Vase at Leiston and Saxmundham respectively.
In the Donald Steward Trophy Norfolk won on four rinks but still only picked up eight points as Suffolk won the overall match with a 145-141 victory.
Top rink was Ann Leverett, Beverley Masters and Marian Himpleman.
In the Silver Jubilee Vase Norfolk came from behind to secure a fine win 129-116 and in doing so secured 17 points with top rink going to Joy Pearson, Carole Swan and Janet Church.
You may also want to watch:
Saxmundham rink scores: Jenni Eldred, Dianne Barnes, Hazel Rix 25-19; Carol Playford, Jenny Morrison, Pat Hatch 15-19; Pam Rolph, Janis Lawrence, Marian Grimes 21-21; Joy Pearson, Carol Swann, Pat Fountain 32-16; Molly Auld, Carol Jay, Lilian Barber 19-25; Jessica Ward, Jane Watson, Amy Barker 17-16.
Leiston rink scores: Julie Walmsley, Sheila Hardingham, Janet Rose 28-21; Pauline Duffield, Carol Neave, Linda Blake 25-24; Sally Bates, Jo Watson, Marie Barker 17-36; Ann Leverett, Beverley Masters, Marion Himpleman 29-19; Maureen Emment, Barbara Meeks, Geraldine Reeve 21-18; Linda Bennett, Elaine Cole, Melanie Haylett 21-27.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region