Norfolk Divas are victorious at Team Quest finals
- Credit: Archant
The under-16 Norfolk Divas Team Quest team were thrilled to win their section at the action-packed Team Quest finals.
Competing at Bury Farm in Buckinghamshire at the weekend, the team comprised South Norfolk Pony Club members Kate London, Sophie Mann, Jessica Mills and Lily Wilson, with Isobel Chambers standing in reserve.
The championships worked the same way as the league, with four riders per team, top three scores count and the top score wins.
The big atmosphere at the event buoyed up horses and riders alike and with three judges to impress during the dressage test, it was a tough ask for this young team.
But they rose to the occasion in splendid style on day one with a seven-point lead, thanks to Sophie Mann, who rode the highest scoring test of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Day one closed with a Prix St George freestyle to music competition for top riders, sponsored by Moët & Chandon with £1,000 prize money.
This was won by Charlie Hutton and, as a prize for Sophie for getting the highest score on day one, she was asked to present it.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
Day two saw the girls complete their journey to success with a win, which they celebrated with a speedy lap of honour in the arena.
The Norfolk Divas are trained by classical dressage trainer Nerys Leer and the whole idea of putting together a team was the brainchild of Hilary Francois at Easton College, where the girls train. Team Quest is a fun team dressage event launched last year that encourages all types of riders to have a go.