Norfolk Divas are victorious at Team Quest finals
- Credit: Archant
The under-16 Norfolk Divas Team Quest team were thrilled to win their section at the action-packed Team Quest finals.
Competing at Bury Farm in Buckinghamshire at the weekend, the team comprised South Norfolk Pony Club members Kate London, Sophie Mann, Jessica Mills and Lily Wilson, with Isobel Chambers standing in reserve.
The championships worked the same way as the league, with four riders per team, top three scores count and the top score wins.
The big atmosphere at the event buoyed up horses and riders alike and with three judges to impress during the dressage test, it was a tough ask for this young team.
But they rose to the occasion in splendid style on day one with a seven-point lead, thanks to Sophie Mann, who rode the highest scoring test of the day.
Day one closed with a Prix St George freestyle to music competition for top riders, sponsored by Moët & Chandon with £1,000 prize money.
This was won by Charlie Hutton and, as a prize for Sophie for getting the highest score on day one, she was asked to present it.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 10 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
Day two saw the girls complete their journey to success with a win, which they celebrated with a speedy lap of honour in the arena.
The Norfolk Divas are trained by classical dressage trainer Nerys Leer and the whole idea of putting together a team was the brainchild of Hilary Francois at Easton College, where the girls train. Team Quest is a fun team dressage event launched last year that encourages all types of riders to have a go.