Norfolk cyclist Sophie, 16, is on the Wright road to Tokyo 2020
- Credit: Archant
Hot prospect Sophie Wright is gearing up for a mammoth journey as she bids to realise her Olympic dream.
The Horsford teenager has already underlined her huge potential by becoming a national junior champion in two disciplines.
But it's her place on British Cycling's Junior Academy programme that she hopes will help take her all the way to Tokyo 2020.
Wright, 16, said: 'Four years from now I will have been able to experience a few world races which will have hopefully given me even more motivation and encouragement to get there. If I just keep doing what I'm doing I can keep working along the Olympic pathway, which is what me and the coaches are looking towards, and all of these events are just stepping stones on the way.'
See today's paper for more on one of our area's rising sports stars.
* Video courtesy of Tallulah Self's YouTube channel.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack