Norfolk cyclist Sophie, 16, is on the Wright road to Tokyo 2020
- Credit: Archant
Hot prospect Sophie Wright is gearing up for a mammoth journey as she bids to realise her Olympic dream.
The Horsford teenager has already underlined her huge potential by becoming a national junior champion in two disciplines.
But it's her place on British Cycling's Junior Academy programme that she hopes will help take her all the way to Tokyo 2020.
Wright, 16, said: 'Four years from now I will have been able to experience a few world races which will have hopefully given me even more motivation and encouragement to get there. If I just keep doing what I'm doing I can keep working along the Olympic pathway, which is what me and the coaches are looking towards, and all of these events are just stepping stones on the way.'
See today's paper for more on one of our area's rising sports stars.
You may also want to watch:
* Video courtesy of Tallulah Self's YouTube channel.
- 1 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000