Iona Lake and Joe Skipper set to race in Norfolk Cross Country Championships at Thetford
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A record number of 500 athletes will take part in the Norfolk Cross Country Championships to be held at the Charles Burrell centre in Thetford on Sunday.
In the women's event just before 12pm, entries include Commonwealth Games representative, Iona Lake, as well as former GB junior international Ruth senior.
The men's race at 12.30pm includes international triathlete Joe Skipper and Piers Arnold. The U20 men and masters also set off at this time.
The under 17 boys race is among a number of events that will be fiercely contested with placers in the inter counties cross country at stake.
The first event - the U11 girls and boys – takes place at 11am with the U13 girls and boys setting off at 11.15am.
You may also want to watch:
The U15 girls and boys start at 11.35am whilst the U17s start with the U20 women, senior women and masters women at 11.55am.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'