Norfolk Cricket League batsman has amazing average of 425
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Happisburgh batsman Jamie Carter has made an amazing start to the new Norfolk League campaign.
The batsman goes into the weekend with an incredible average of 425, having been dismissed just once in six innings.
Carter has a highest score of 115 not out, while he has also made three 50s to help Happisburgh to the top of Division One.
The north Norfolk side have won all of their games so far, and recorded an emphatic win over previously unbeaten Blundeston to go 19 points clear at the top ahead of last Saturday's scheduled game at Great Yarmouth, which was called off without a ball being bowled.
'It's our first time in Division One and obviously we are delighted with the way it is going at the moment,' player Robert Breeze told Radio Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
'We have been building up the team steadily for a number of years now.
'We are a good, friendly club and players seem to want to join us. It's been a good start to the season and obviouslly Jamie has been a big part of that. He has been batting really well – to average 425 after six matches really is some achievement.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'