Norfolk Cricket Alliance Premier Division and Division One: Sprowston maintain strong form
- Credit: Archant
Rob Purton and Matt Foster both hit centuries as Sprowston kept up their strong start to the season with a winning draw at home to Stow in the Premier Division.
Purton (111) and Australian Foster (112) shared a third wicket stand of 214 after Sprowston had lost two early wickets. Skipper Simon Chipperfield blasted 44no from 18 balls before declaring five overs early on 279 for four.
Will Denny defied the hosts with 57no, despite Purton taking four for 15 from his nine overs, as Stow closed on 200 for eight.
Norwich took over at the top after beating Diss by 122 runs.
Australian Dominic Matarazzo (58) fired his first half-century for Norwich and Aaron Watson added 44 in a total of 246 for eight.
You may also want to watch:
Diss were bowled out in the 39th over in reply, with Chris Borrett and Ben Flanagan taking three wickets each.
Australian spinner Brenton Wright bagged five for 45 as Downham picked up their first win of the campaign, at Cromer.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
Matthew Warnes made 70 in the hosts' 194, but Addam Todd (47) and Alex Stuart (42no) helped Downham home in the 46th over.
Another Australian in form was Vauxhall Mallards A's Matthew Hague, as he blasted 112 in a 119-run victory at bottom side Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers.
Rain in the west of the region saw Fakenham's game at North Runcton abandoned, with the hosts 46 for four chasing 226 to win. Ashley Jarvis (80) and Omar Phillips (51) starred for Fakenham.
In Division One, a 300-plus total could not secure victory for Lowestoft at Topcroft.
Damian Abeyratna hit 135 and Nathan Garrod added 88 for the visitors, but James Goodfellow (67) helped Topcroft bat out for a draw.
James Leck fired 78 on his debut to steer Brooke towards a three-wicket win at Dereham, despite spinner Max Cheetham taking six for 33 for the hosts. Earlier, Dereham's Joe Marczewski made 62 and Brooke's Tom Nudd and Ben Stone claimed four wickets each.
Chris Scannell (four for 53) and Jez Wright (69) helped Bradfield beat Acle by four wickets.
Swardeston A were seven-wicket winners at home to Beccles after Sam Thelwell took six for 32 for the hosts. Richard Porter (51) held Swardeston at bay, but Ben Shearing (48no) guided them to victory with just under four overs remaining.
Mattishall clinched a thrilling one-wicket win at Horsford A.
n Alliance clubs are reminded that the deadline for results to be reported to the league is 10pm on Saturday.