Norfolk County Cup holders Bob Carter through to bowls semi-finals after 5-3 win at Thorpe Marriott
Norfolk County Cup holders Bob Carter are through to the semi-finals after a 5-3 win at Thorpe Marriott.
Nigel Willard's triple beat Ted Redwood 17-10 while Robert Howlett's triple drew 10-10 against Bob MacPherson. England's David Lamb sealed the tie for Carter with a second half 16-13 win against Tony Turner while Sylvia Turner's triple earned a consolation victory beating Melvin Woods' triple 16-12.
Last year's beaten finalists Wymondham are also through after an 8-0 home win against Connaught B.
Hempnall suffered a rare 4-0 defeat in the Tens League at Coltishall. Mally Catchpole, Eddie Edridge and Willie Jefferies beat Colin Stevenson, Bernie Cudden and Roger Parker 24-8 while Les Harman's triple won 11-9 against Jon Sparham. Both pairs games also went Coltishall's way as Carol and John Aggas beat Chris East and Charlie Archer 13-10 and Jean Barnett and Margaret Harman beat Joan Cann and Paul Baker 13-12.
South Norfolk League action saw Connaught beat Saxlingham 8-2. Geoff Payne's triple scored Saxlingham's only win while Alison Rush won 18-13 for Connaught. Saxlingham fared better at Wreningham where they won 6-4 with Pat Meale, Sheila Hook and Geoff Briggs recording a 20-7 win.
Mulbarton fell to a ninth consecutive defeat going down 8-2 at Watton.
Woodbastwick head the Thurne League by three points after an 8-2 home win against Bradwell was followed by a 6-4 home win against Stalham the following night. Stalham lost their fourth game in a row going down 10-0 at Bradwell.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 6 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 7 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 8 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
In the Wensum League Bob Carter's 10-0 home win against Coltishall leaves other teams fighting to keep in touch. Thorpe Marriott scored a maximum 10-0 home win against Woodbastwick but it still leaves them 23 points behind Carter.
Defending Bure League champions Kirby Bedon suffered their second consecutive defeat going down 8-2 at Woodbastwick. The home side won both first half games with Roger Green, Brian Frost and Trevor Hallett winning 17-13 and Michael Fox, Derek Oakes and Tony Wright winning 13-11. After the break a good finish saw Jim Couling's triple pull away to win 19-9 while Leonora Chilman, Teresa Goldsmith and Selwyn Goldsmith earned Kirby's only win beating Peter Jablonowski's triple 14-11 in an entertaining game.
Coltishall collected a maximum 10-0 home win against Hevingham after beating their visitors by just one shot in three of the four games.