Norfolk winners ready to head for the nationals after county indoor finals
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk County Bowls Association Indoor finals were held on Sunday with all the winners set to go on and represent Norfolk in the national finals at Newark in April.
The men's triples saw the Acle trio of Dan Mills, John Colcombe and Tony Dunton see off Gallows' Tom Cooper, Mark Riches and Daniel Cawthorne 25-18 whilst the mixed triples saw Acle victorious once again.
Mel Haylett, Daniel Seabourne and Ian Wones ran out 19-12 winners against North Walsham's Colin & Linda Blake and Bryan Sadler.
The men's pairs saw Daniel Seabourne and Ian Wones against Tom Cooper and Daniel Cawthorne. On the 11th end the Acle pair picked up a four to go 13-5 up but by 15 ends the Gallows pair had fought back to 13-10. In a close game Acle won 18-15.
The ladies' triples had Carol Neeve, Sharon Rickman and Linda Blake of North Walsham playing Lynne Cannell, Geraldine Reeve and Barbara Meeks of Acle. The Walsham ladies were 14- 4 after 10 ends and they continued to dominate with the final score being 21-9.
You may also want to watch:
The men's senior singles were between Woodlands' Roger Greef and Barney Wymer of Acle. The early ends produced a close match but Greef went on to lead 16-9 and, after a brief rally by Wymer, eventually went on to win 21-14.
The ladies' senior singles were played at an earlier date with Mel Haylett winning 21-11 against Linda Blake as was the ladies' singles with Linda Blake beating Shiela Hardingham 21-8 in an inter-club North Walsham contest.
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
The men's singles were between Colin Blake and Daniel Cawthorne. Cawthorne made a good start and held 15-5 and, despite Blake rallying, Cawthorne went on record an emphatic 21-10 win.
In the mixed pairs Mel Haylett and Ian Wones played Linda Blake and Bryan Sadler. Wones and Haylett were always on top and ran out 25-15 winners.
The under 25 singles saw Tom Cooper take on Daniel Seabourne. Despite Cooper's best efforts, Seabourne led for much of the match finally winning 21–11.
The ladies' pairs saw Louise Knights & Carol Baker of Norfolk Bowling Club against Marie & Andrea Morton of Acle. Knights and Baker dominated winning 22–9.